Muna Kalati is an organization that promotes children’s books in Africa. We are seeking an experienced and creative Communication and Digital Marketing Officer with a strong background in graphic design, marketing, and video editing to join our team.
- Social Media Management and Marketing (70%)
- Develop and implement Muna Kalati’s communication strategy with an approach for each targeted audience: writers, publishers, librarians, booksellers, etc;
- Lead digital advocacy campaigns on reading and education-related causes;
- Document all activities through blogs and reports (Muna Kalati Talks, Lecture Plaisir, Reading for Healing, etc.) and publish on the website;
- Manage, update, optimize, and maintain the association’s website and all social media platforms;
- Enhance awareness and visibility of the association and its brand through media, engagement with bloggers and influencers;
- Curate and post timely and trending content on African children’s books and literary events using based on articles published on MK’s website, etc;
- Produce a monthly newsletter and increase the MK list of contacts;
- Produce engaging visuals, infographics, video content, and other information, communicational and educational materials for social media;
- Contribute to the production and distribution of Muna Kalati quarterly magazine in collaboration with the cultural mediation program manager;
- Assist the Program Coordinator in managing and communicating with the network of Muna Kalati Content Creators and the Network of African professionals in children’s books;
- Provide feedback on the impact of communication activities using data analytics;
- Video Editing & Animation (30%)
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Accurately use company branding assets (incl. Colors, fonts, etc.) to:
- Develop high-quality animations and professional videos
- Develop expressive images and videos on education and reading for African kids
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing.
- Conceptualizing ideas for characters, scenes, backgrounds, and other animation elements.
- Manage Muna Kalati’s existing YouTube channel.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in web design, communication, digital marketing, graphic design, or any other related field;
- Experience in social media and community management;
- Ability to produce visuals, infographics, and video content for social media;
- Very good time management skills, proactivity, and ability to work in a team with minimal supervision;
- Autonomous, versatile, good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats;
- Ability to comfortably maneuver social media platforms using the necessary digital collaboration tools. (Google Drive, Dropbox, WordPress, Slack, etc);
How to apply :
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page Cover Letter + Portfolio (PDF or video) to email@example.com,
cc: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
If you are still waiting to hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: April 16th , 2023 at 5:00 pm
What to expect
- Work is usually conducted in a team. On a large project, you may work with assistants. For example, the role may be pressured when working intensively with strict deadlines.
- It’s possible to work from home after the first 3-month probation and incubation period.
- Flexible work possible, with max 2 days remotely.
Job Location: 10 Nairobi Street, Opposite the Institute of Local Government and near UPSA, Madina Estates.
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: 2500 – 4500
Job Benefits :
- Health and wellness benefits include access to coaching, devotional practices, fitness and nutritional services, crisis counselors, and mental health assistance.
- Access to professional growth and development (library access, e-books, access to professional courses and training, etc.)
- Flexible work arrangements (remote work possible after 3 months probation period).
- Regular traveling and networking opportunities.
- Appreciation programs and team gatherings.
- Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
- Professional development opportunities & mentorship program.
- Monthly bonus, commissions based on performance and contribution to company growth.