Muna Kalati is an association working to promote reading for African children. More than ever, the Association would like to extend its actions and vision to every corner of the world in general, and Africa in particular. Children’s books are not widely available on the continent. Unfortunately, many parents are still strangers to them. Nevertheless, although others are aware of this, the problem of access to children’s books remains acute. But the right message needs to spread like wildfire to African parents in every corner of Africa and the world. The Muna Kalati Association, therefore, needs ambassadors who share its overall vision for the democratization of books and reading. To this end, it is a question, among other things, of making children’s books accessible to all and making reading a common, everyday practice among children.
This program is aimed at men and women aged 18 to 35.
Program duration: 03 months
To be a Muna Kalati ambassador, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be an opinion leader in your community, with an interest in the education of children and young adults.
- Be a fervent advocate of children’s education through reading.
- Be motivated by a desire to promote African culture, education and identity.
- Be an enthusiastic promoter of children’s education and young people’s reading. be an advocate of Muna Kalati’s activities.
- Be proactive, dynamic and results-oriented.
- 1 Information and orientation session for the 2023 cohort
- 3 Training sessions on advocacy and management of educational projects for young people and children.
- Conduct a field survey in a location where access to education for children is problematic.
- Produce an article on the need to help children in the area, proposing concrete ideas.
- Conduct collective advocacy on social networks on the importance of reading for children.
Our ambassadors’ expectations
- Produce a quarterly report on your achievements in promoting reading and books among children and young people in your community.
- Organize at least two concrete activities to promote reading among toddlers in your community.
Benefits of becoming a Muna Kalati Ambassador
- Be part of the Muna Kalati database of contacts in the field of early reading to benefit from privileged access to employment opportunities and consultations with Muna Kalati and its partners.
- Opportunity to participate in MK programs such as MK Talk, Reading for Healing.
- Receive quarterly training sessions from Muna Kalati
- Opportunity to participate in MK programs such as MK Talk, Reading for Healing, Reading for Pleasure, Un Orphelinat, Une Bibliothèque etc.
- Strengthen CV and receive a letter of recommendation from Muna Kalati, if required.
- The opportunity to represent the Muna Kalati Association at various events in your country or region.
- Strengthen your work with new connections, skills and ideas
- Increased visibility through the dissemination of your actions on social networks; your activity reports will be published with your name on the MK platform.
- Opportunity to publish on MK and other international platforms.
How to apply
It’s easy to apply:
- Send your cover letter (no more than 1 page)
- Send your CV in PDF format to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications are accepted throughout the year.