This policy applies to all volunteers who perform official duties on behalf of Muna Kalati, including but not limited to members of the board, staff, advisors, program coordinators, and volunteers. Muna Kalati values its volunteers as well as the time and expertise they give to the organization. Therefore, it is important to the organization to provide resources, guidelines, and support that empower them to be successful in their activities with Muna Kalati. The guidelines listed below lay out a minimum expectation for all volunteers to provide clear expectations, promote a sense of equity and improve the quality of everyone’s experience and the work they produce.
Throughout their service with Muna Kalati, all volunteers will:
Abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Volunteers will comply with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies governing their work with Muna Kalati.
- Volunteers will disclose any conflicts of interest that arise or may arise during their work with their supervisors.
- Volunteers will comply with any confidentiality agreements or policies that apply to their work with Muna Kalati.
Conduct all affairs in a professional manner, with good faith, honesty, integrity, high ethical standards, and due diligence.
- Volunteers will conduct themselves in a professional manner and treat others with respect and courtesy.
- Volunteers will not engage in any behavior that is harassing, discriminatory, or creates a hostile work environment.
- Volunteers will not engage in any behavior that is illegal or unethical.
- Volunteers will act with honesty and integrity at all times.
Use any Muna Kalati information and resources appropriately and ethically.
- Volunteers will not use any Muna Kalati information or resources for personal gain.
- Volunteers will protect the confidentiality of any sensitive information they may have access to during their work with Muna Kalati.
- Volunteers will respect the intellectual property rights of Muna Kalati and its partners.
Use good judgment in dealing with Muna Kalati staff, partners, and the general public.
- Volunteers will work collaboratively with Muna Kalati staff, partners, and the general public to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Volunteers will communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Volunteers will respect the autonomy of the communities they serve and avoid imposing their own values or beliefs.
Make a good faith effort to be a productive member of the team.
- Volunteers will participate actively and constructively in meetings and other activities.
- Volunteers will complete assigned tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Volunteers will seek help and support when needed.
Demonstrate a willingness to serve Muna Kalati and support its mission and values.
- Volunteers will support the organization’s mission and values.
- Volunteers will be committed to promoting Muna Kalati’s mission and values.
- Volunteers will act as ambassadors for Muna Kalati and its mission.
- Volunteers will contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Volunteers will provide feedback to Muna Kalati to improve its programs and services.
This policy is not exhaustive, and Muna Kalati may revise it as needed to ensure that it remains relevant and effective. All volunteers are expected to review this policy and comply with its provisions. Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of the volunteer’s relationship with Muna Kalati.