Muna Kalati is an organization that promotes children’s books in Africa. We are seeking an experienced and creative Video Editor-Animation and Illustrator to join our team!
Position: Animation & Video Content Creator
The Animation & Video Content Creator is responsible for producing video content that serves Muna Kalati’s purposes. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating, shooting, and editing educational, instructional, promotional, and other video material delivered via the Web, social media, and portable devices. Since video animation and illustration have become the best way to communicate the company’s messages on online platforms, your position will play an essential role in our company’s success.
Types of film/video editor:
You may work on a variety of productions, including:
- commercials and advertising videos
- corporate training videos
- educational videos for kids
- Animation videos
- Video Editing & Animation (70%)
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Accurately use company branding assets (incl. Colors, fonts, etc.) to:
- Develop high-quality animations and professional videos
- Develop expressive images and videos on education and reading for African kids
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing.
- Using software and other techniques to produce animations.
- Conceptualizing ideas for characters, scenes, backgrounds, and other animation elements.
- Manage Muna Kalati’s existing YouTube channel.
- Manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions, with after effects, graphic design, and animation software.
2. Social Media Management (30%)
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging visual and animated content regularly
- Design and implement brand awareness activities, like promotions and competitions
- A knack for storytelling and a keen eye for details
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
- Creativity and a strong experience with video editing, animation, and illustration software such as Avid or Final Cut Pro.
- Rich compelling portfolio that showcases aesthetic awareness, high-caliber drawing skills, and command of multiple animation and illustration styles
- Capable of generating hand-drawn illustration concepts quickly and precisely
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain creative decisions in words and writing
- The ability to receive, interpret and implement constructive feedback from project stakeholders into your illustration work.
How to apply :
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page Cover Letter + Portfolio (PDF or video) to email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
If you are still waiting to hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: March 8th , 2023 at 5:00 pm
What to expect
- Work is usually conducted in a team. On a large project, you may work with assistants. For example, the role may be pressured when working intensively with strict deadlines.
- It’s possible to work from home after the first 3-month probation and incubation period.
Job Location: 10 Nairobi Street, Opposite the Institute of Local Government and near UPSA, Madina Estates.
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: 2500 – 4500
Job Benefits :
- Health and wellness benefits include access to coaching, devotional practices, fitness and nutritional services, crisis counselors, and mental health assistance.
- Access to professional growth and development (library access, e-books, access to professional courses and training, etc.)
- Flexible work arrangements (remote work possible after 3 months probation period).
- Regular traveling and networking opportunities.
- Appreciation programs and team gatherings.
- Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
- Professional development opportunities & mentorship program.