Muna Kalati is a not-for-profit organization which aims to engage the community with books for young African kids. Muna Kalati works in partnership with authors, illustrators, publishers, booksellers, and other organizations in the children’s book industry to bring words, images, and stories into the hearts and minds of children and adults.
Responsibilities of the Programs Coordinator
- Develop and implement a strategic plan integrating the annual workplan of activities and events
- Provide strategic leadership to the team in the implementation of MK programs
- Prepare winning proposals to attract funding and ways of increasing social impact.
- Co-lead collaborative initiatives with authors, publishers etc. and partnership engagement with research centers, universities and literacy orgs in Africa and globally.
- Organize the monthly Muna Kalati Talks webinars with the actors of the children’s book industry.
- Work towards the expansion of the online network of children book professionals, which brings together authors, publishers, booksellers, parents and African youth book specialists.
- Assist in managing the network of Muna Kalati Content Creators to ensure regular production of children books’ review.
- Collaborate with the Communications Officer for the newsletter production and effective dissemination of activities on social media and to partners.
- Develop databases on the children’s book industry in Africa, such as African children’s book authors: list of writers, illustrators, cartoonists, and other creators of content for youth in Africa, African organizations working to promote reading, Bookstores, libraries and reading centres, Children’s publishing houses in Africa, Literary prizes on children’s books in Africa and Any other database to increase the visibility of children books actors in Africa.
The candidate must be:
- Experienced with NGOs, reading, journalism, blogging, education, journalism or child programs.
- Proactive, highly organized, productive and able to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual in French and strong writing and project management skills
- Good mastery of Google Drive, Slack, MS Office etc.
Deadline: Thursday 12 January 2023 Interviews will be scheduled the week after.
Net Salary : 2500 – 3500 GHS Monthly + other professional benefits.