Muna Kalati is recruiting a Resource Mobilisation and research Officer for a period of one year.
He/she will be responsible for mobilising resources to increase the organisation’s sustainability; coordinate the identification of funding opportunities, the development of project proposals to attract funding; develop reading advocacy campaigns and manage a network of writers and publishers of children’s books in Africa. The purpose is to amplify the visibility and sustainability of Muna Kalati as a knowledge hub in the children’s book industry in Africa. He or she will work closely with the Communication officer and Programs Coordinator.
- Resource Mobilisation
- Develop and implement a resource mobilisation strategy to attract/generate funding to increase the organization’s sustainability.
- Identify local support and implement innovative ways of generating financial and non-financial resources.
- Coordinate the identification of funding opportunities and the application and development of project proposals to submit to the appropriate development organizations.
- Knowledge mobilisation
- Develop and implement a documentation and research strategy around the strategic pillars of Muna Kalati.
- Manage and expand Muna Kalati’s network of African children books’ writers, publishers, authors and illustrators.
- Coordinate or initiate research programs for Muna Kalati and provide support to researchers on African children literature.
- Produce at least 2 opinion or educational articles on critical topics each month.
- Develop the following databases on children book in Africa:
- African children’s authors: list of writers, illustrators, cartoonists and other creators of content for children in different African countries.
- List of bookstores, libraries and reading centres for kids and young adults
- Database of African literary prizes for illustrators and children books actors.
- Database of African organizations working to promote reading etc.
The candidate must have a background and experience in fundraising, resource mobilisation or research. He/she must be proactive, flexible, and ambitious. He/she must also master digital collaboration tools such as (Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, WordPress, etc.) Interested and qualified candidates must be from a Francophone country (Togo, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso and Mali etc.) or truly bilingual and based in Accra, Ghana.
Other appreciable aptitudes are:
- Strong experience in resource mobilisation activities for nonprofits.
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Experience in project management and NGO sector;
- Autonomous, proactive, versatile, good interpersonal skills
- Enjoys teamwork and knows how to use LinkedIn; Google Alert or WordPress.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, development financing and children’s literature appreciated.
- 1 year, renewable if satisfactory performance.
- 5 days in person at the Muna Kalati office in East Legon (Accra, Ghana)
- Competitive remuneration.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Muna Kalati association aims to promote children’s books and video games in Africa. We facilitate networking among publishers, librarians and authors as well as video game producers. More here: www.munakalati.org
This vision is manifested through our:
- Passion – We are passionately committed to promoting the African children’s book and game industry.
- Integrity – We provide access to quality, reliable information from youth sector organizations and individuals.
- Support – We run contests to encourage writers and respond to comments and requests from subscribers.
- Diversity – We believe that children’s literature should reflect the reality and nourish the imagination of all children.
Our objectives are therefore to:
- To contribute to the accessibility of books and video games in Africa.
- To increase the visibility of the actors of the youth edition and the African video game.
- Contribute to the legitimization of children’s books and video games in Africa.
To integrate Muna Kalati is to have the chance:
- To benefit from real personal and professional development opportunities.
- Enrich your skills and develop your potential (access to professional training, functional and geographical mobility opportunities via our various partners in Africa).
- To take advantage of many professional development benefits
Muna Kalati is committed to the prevention of discrimination and equal opportunities. All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
Deadline: 4 July 2022.
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Application for resource and knowledge mobilisation officer”