WE ARE HIRING!
Are you looking for that opportunity to grow your writing and community engagement skills? Are you seeking to build relevant experience for your future job? Do you love reading and are you Tech savvy as well as love being on social media?
Then there is good news for you! We are offering a Remote internship opportunity for the position of Editorial and Community manager. .
Editorial Managers control the flow of content. Whether it’s written content, web content, or video content – everything has to go through them before it gets approved for publication on Muna Kalati. As the person in charge of proofreading and the quality control of book reviews and content for MK website, the editorial manager will need to have strong copyediting, proofreading and online community management skills.
Muna Kalati is a non-profit Pan African Association which excels in the promotion of children’s literature. We seek to promote literacy among children and young adults, and serve as a link between all the players in the publishing industry and children. We seek the mutual growth of both our target audience (children) and stakeholders in the publishing industry through the publication of interviews, articles, training, workshops and other initiatives.
The ideal interns will be in charge of reviewing children’s books, managing and engaging with Muna Kalati’s online community in a way which builds brand awareness. They will work with management to understand the Association’s objectives in order to communicate effectively with the online fan base.
- 1. Engage and expand the LinkedIn network of Children Books Professionals in Africa (Writers, Illustrators, publishers) by regularly inviting relevant individuals and institutions, posting branded and interesting opportunities to maintain the community active and dynamic.
- 2. Actively research, source and review children’s books, in collaboration with the group of Muna Kalati contributors.
- 3. Proofread articles and other reviews to ensure quality and consistency before publication.
- 4. Monitor, grow and create relevant content for all Muna Kalati Social Media platforms.
- 5. Produce a bimonthly newsletter to partners and keep book reviewers updated on Muna Kalati activities.
- · Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- · Strong writing abilities and time management skills
- · Communication skills and Critical thinking skills
- · Experience with Social Media Platforms, Customer Relations Management, Excel, and marketing related tools.
- Benefits from professional development and training opportunities.
- Gain mentorship from skilled professionals in the industry.
- Obtain letters of Recommendation for future jobs or Grad school.
- Acquire practical experience and boost your CV.
- Expand your social network.
- Learn professional work ethics.
- Possibility of being considered for a full-time position if satisfactory performance at the end of the 6 months remote internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: 24th November, 2022 before 12PM GMT