The association Muna Kalati is recruiting a knowledge management Officer for a period of 1 year. He/she will be responsible for the identification, collection, formatting, and diffusion of knowledge (text, audiovisual) around the children’s book industry in Africa. The aim is to increase the visibility and recognition of Muna Kalati as a knowledge hub leader in the children’s book industry in Africa. He or she will develop research partnerships with other associations, libraries, networks, etc in Africa and beyond and will work closely with the Children’s book program officer and the Communications Officer.
1. Primary responsibilities – Research and documentation
To develop a documentation strategy around the strategic pillars of Muna Kalati.
Coordinate or initiate research programs on MK priority areas;
To develop knowledge and databases on the book and videogame sectors in Africa. It will be specifically about:
- A database of African youth authors: list of writers, illustrators, cartoonists and other creators of content for children in different African countries.
- A database of book and video game publishers in different African countries
- A database of children’s bookstores, libraries, and reading centers in different African countries
- An online database of youth literary awards in Africa.
- A database of African organizations working to promote reading.
- Any other database necessary to increase the visibility of the actors of the children’s publishing and gaming industry in Africa.
Establish a digital watch around the themes of the association in order to be regularly informed on the news in the children’s book industry in Africa;
Produce at least 2 blog or educational articles on current topics in children literature each month;
Publish and distribute these articles (text or audiovisual) on different platforms of the association, in collaboration with the webmaster.
- Secondary responsibilities – Knowledge Management
- Coordinate internal and external knowledge gathering and sharing initiatives.
- Internally, s/he will facilitate learning and the exchange of best practices among team members through Smart Sessions, Muna Kalati Sabitou. The goal is to increase the team’s performance through continuous learning and innovation in practices.
- Externally, it will be a question of inviting the actors of the book and video game industry in Africa to document their professional experiences in the form of articles, podcasts or video interviews, which will be published on the MK media platforms;
- Contribute to the elaboration and distribution of the MK newsletter to the partners;
- Any other duties as required.
The candidate must be proactive, flexible and creative. He/she must also master digital collaboration tools such as (Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, WordPress etc.) Other appreciable aptitudes are:
- Good knowledge of the the publishing industry and children literature;
- Experience in project management and NGO sector;
- Autonomous, proactive, versatile, good interpersonal skills
- Enjoys teamwork and knows how to use LinkedIn; Google Alert or WordPress.
- Knowledge in the cultural field, performing arts and children’s literature appreciated.
- 1 year renewable if satisfactory performance.
- Remote work possible, but 3 days in person at the Muna Kalati office in East Legon (Accra, Ghana)
- Competitive remuneration.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Muna Kalati association aims to promote children books and video games in Africa. We facilitate networking among publishers, librarians and authors as well as video gamer producers. More here: www.munakalati.org
This vision is manifested through our:
- Passion – We are passionately committed to promoting the African children’s book and game industry.
- Integrity – We provide access to quality, reliable information from youth sector organizations and individuals.
- Support – We run contests to encourage writers and respond to comments and requests from subscribers.
- Diversity – We believe that children’s literature should reflect the reality and nourish the imagination of all children.
Our objectives are therefore to:
- To contribute to the accessibility of books and video games in Africa.
- To increase the visibility of the actors of the youth edition and the African video game.
- Contribute to the legitimization of children’s books and video games in Africa.
To integrate Muna Kalati is to have the chance:
- To benefit from real personal and professional development opportunities.
- Enrich your skills and develop your potential (access to professional training, functional and geographical mobility opportunities via our various partners in Africa).
- To take advantage of many professional development benefits
Muna Kalati is committed to the prevention of discrimination and equal opportunities. All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
Deadline: 21st April, 2022. Send CV at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org