VOLUNTEER WITH US.
IT TAKES A TEAM TO RAISE A DREAM!
Do you want to contribute your quota to building a happier, fair and culturally diverse world? Are you an advocate for pan-Africanism and love to promote African children’s literature in its entirety? Are you a believer of the potency of reading? Are you looking for that opportunity to grow your community engagement skills through educational projects? Are you seeking to build relevant experience for your future job?
Then there is good news for you! We are offering you the opportunity to volunteer with us as a Community Engagement Volunteer .
The Community Engagement Volunteer will;
- Assist in the organization of community based projects.
- Hype and create a positive environment for the event.
- Prepare events grounds for programs
- Mann participants registration process.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of the community, to ensure the growth and sustainability of community engagement activities.
- Monitor events to ensure a successful implementation
- Monitor performance to ensure a high level of professionalism and excellence are maintained at events.
- Assist in program evaluation process
- Undertake speaking engagements within the community as required.
- Produce accurate activity reports and analysis within specified timeframes
Muna Kalati is a non-profit Pan African Association which excels in the promotion of children’s literature. We seek to promote literacy among children and young adults, and serve as a link between all the players in the publishing industry and children. We seek the mutual growth of both our target audience (children) and stakeholders in the publishing industry through the publication of interviews, articles, training, workshops and other initiatives. We organize reading and writing workshops, literary skills development programs- Reading for Healing, Reading for pleasure, One Sunday One Family
Volunteers will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of projects and for growing the portfolio of community engagement activities. The position engages children within the communities the organization impacts.They will work with the programs department to understand the Association’s objectives in order to render needed services during the implementation of projects.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Understanding and believing in Muna Kalati’s values and our work to promote African Children’s Literature as well as the cognitive abilities of children.
- Ability to communicate clearly and engage with and influence potential supporters, networks and participants at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines often with changing and competing priorities.
- Think creatively to maximize new opportunities.
- Proficiency with IT and computer-based information systems and ability to work
- Flexible and responsive to changing events and schedules.
- Display the highest levels of integrity and commitment.
- Existing connections with target groups e.g. schools, local community groups
- Benefits from professional development and training opportunities.
- Gain mentorship from skilled professionals in the industry.
- Obtain letters of Recommendation for future jobs or Grad school.
- Acquire practical experience and boost your CV.
- Expand your social network.
- Learn professional work ethics.
- Possibility of being considered for a full-time position if satisfactory performance at the end of the volunteer.
HOW TO APPLYSubmit your CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in joining our network of volunteers and state your contribution towards this role, via email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com